On Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th, 7-1 students will be participating in a Google Expedition that explores the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. For this activity, students may bring in their iPhones or Android phones (4.4 or later). NO TABLETS. If students have these specific phones, they must download the Google Cardboard and Google Street View apps over the weekend. If students do not have these specific phones, they will still be able to participate using devices provided by the school. A big thanks to Mr. Coulter, our Technology and Innovation teacher, who will be assisting with this awesome experience!
H.2.1 - What factors motivated colonization among European countries?
E.1.1 - In what ways did colonization affect the economies of European and colonized nations?
C.1.1 - What cultural beliefs did Europeans use to justify their colonization of peoples throughout the world?
C1.1 How did European ethnocentric attitudes affect their rule of indigenous populations in the areas they colonized?
H.2.4 - How did European nations respond to disease that impacted the economy and social structures of the new
Table of Contents
1. Unit Objectives (8/2)
2. Where to Colonize and Why to Colonize? (8/2)
3. Columbian Exchange (8/4)
4. Conquistadores Storyboard (8/4)
5. Columbian Exchange POYO (8/5)
6. Weekly Warm-Ups (8/8-8/12)
7. Encomiendas (8/8)
8. British Colonization (8/9)
9. French Colonization (8/10)
10. Dutch Colonization (8/11)
11. Portuguese Colonization (8/11)
12. Ottoman Empire (8/11)
13. Zheng He (8/11)
14. Mini Project Rubric (8/11)
15. Weekly Warm-Ups (8/15-8/19)
16. Olympics Expedition (8/15 or 8/16)
17. Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade (8/18)
18. Mercantilism (8/19)
19. Practice Test (8/22)